On a morning that Amanda didn't start work until a little later than usual, and I could go in a little later than usual, we embarked on a 2-car convoy to the Laguna Hills Civic Center very near to her work. The convoy:
The beautiful Civic Center:
Here is Amanda walking into the Orange County Clerk-Recorder office at the Civic Center:
We entered armed with our valid forms of identification, a check for $61.50, and our high spirits. We had reserved a time via their online scheduling time reserving tool, and thus moved straight to the front of the line. I guess I was expecting a little more fanfare about the whole marriage license process, but it was simply a quick trip to the same counter that everyone else used. Here we are at the counter:
The guy (I don't remember his name - you can see him in the background) had us fill out some info, entered said info into the computer, then had us raise our right hands. He said his official shpeil, we verbally agreed, paid our $61.50, and then he gave us the official form with said info on it, along with a manila envelope. The official form turned out to be the "License and Certificate of Marriage!" He instructed us that it was valid for 90 days, and to send it in after we are married. And to have a good day, we could leave. Done and done.
So we left. And we were thinking: was that it? It was somewhat anti-climatic, to be honest. Where was the judge in the gown? The cheers from the crowd? The pomp? The glamor? Well, I guess that comes later. You've got to walk before you run, right? For now, we'll have to be content with our manila envelope. :)
2 comments:
Congratulations! You are almost officially Mr. and Mrs. Smith!!! The party is planned and we WILL celebrate!! Love you!!!
I'll add a little fanfare!! Yea!! Clap, clap!! whistle, whistle! Almost there. See ya soon. Love..Dad
Post a Comment