Sunday, October 23, 2011

Are there TWO lines on that stick??



YEP!! IT'S OFFICIAL THERE IS A BABY DAMANDA ON THE WAY!!!

September 18th 2011 was a day Dan & I had been looking forward to for a while, and it turned out more memorable than either of us had planned. We were celebrating our 1st Anniversary, and had a few ideas of things that would be fun to do that day.


It was a Sunday and also the weekend of Stake Conference, so we got up and went to the church. While we there I began to feel VERY tired.. which is pretty normal for me, but this was a different kind of tired - (and I may or may not have been weirdly cranky too - I might have snapped at Dan and told him to "hurry and just find a chair and sit down!" he gave me a weird look.. I'm not usually like that). This was the kind of tired that I just wanted to curl up on the floor of the cultural hall and fall asleep next to the kid that was doing that in our row.


We finally (when you're that tired, yes, 2 hours does feel like FINALLY) got home and I thought "I might be pregnant." We had been trying for a few months and so most anything during the past few months felt like "symptoms" but I thought we might as well just check. So I took out a test I had bought a few weeks before and peed on the stick. We waited the three minutes then saw what seemed to be a positive line in the "your pregnant" box.


We both had a hard time believing this, and wanted to be certain that it actually was positive, so we jumped in the car and went to buy a test that was a little more obvious. We ended up getting one that would tell us either "pregnant" or "not pregnant". Fortunately, I had no problem peeing again (I am sure you can guess why), and sure enough, it read "PREGNANT". We both started crying and hugging. We could hardly believe it! It was the BY FAR the BEST 1st ANNIVERSARY EVER!!




No comments: